NEW RECYCLING CARTS will be delivered curbside to city residents in November.
New recycling program begins DECEMBER 1, 2018.
Curbside recycling pickup is every other week and is provided by Pipestone County.
TUESDAY- West of Hiawatha Avenue
WEDNESDAY- East of Hiawatha Avenue
******SEE PIPESTONE COUNTY 2018 RECYCLING CALENDAR BELOW**************
All acceptable recyclables must be separated and place in separate containers and placed on curb by 7:00 A.M.
The Pipestone Boy Scout recycling truck is located adjacent to the County site in the 100 Block of 4th St NE and accepts the following:
* Shredded paper
* Pop cartons
* Cereal boxes
* Soft cover books
* Junk Mail
* Office paper
Shredded paper and hard cover books should be left in the back of the trailer.
PLEASE no plastic, metal, glass, milk cartons, orange juice containers or pizza boxes.
For disposal of biodegradable lawn and garden materials, the city provides a dump area located on the northern boundary of the city.
For more recycling information, please contact Kyle Krier, Pipestone Soil and Water Conservation Office. (507) 825-1185
Free Disposal for County Residents
Weekly recycling and hazardous waste collections.
- Collection location: The Pipestone County Recycling Center, 718 4th St NW, Pipestone
- Collection Dates: Every Wednesday
- Collection Times: 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Items that are accepted:
- Large appliances
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)
- Fluorescent bulbs & PCB ballasts
- Lead acid & rechargeable batteries
- Empty pesticide containers
- Christmas lights
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Accepted:
- Home/garden preservatives
- Paint (latex, oil, & aerosol
- Wood preservatives
- Hobby supplies
- Acids & bases
- Household cleaners