Human Rights Commission
The Human Rights Commission is composed of not more than fifteen (15) members and not less than five (5) members appointed for three (3) year terms with the following goals:
- Motivate organizations and individuals to comply with the Minnesota Human Rights Act.
- Champion proactive efforts to foster inclusion and understanding among the diverse people of the city and government institutions.
- Anticipate and identify changes in the social environment that affects human and civil rights issues.
- Actively work to create and strengthen its relationships with relevant public, private, and community-based organizations, in order to share information and cooperatively recognize and address emerging civil rights issues.
- Develop opportunities for human rights education to promote an environment free of discrimination.
- Promote, create, and maintain a community free from discrimination.
- Maintain the confidence of the public by keeping the community informed of relevant changes pertaining to discrimination within the scope of all human rights issues.
Meinders Community Library
1401 7th St SW
Pipestone, MN 56164
|Lauren Blacik||Member||January 2023|
|Dave Andres||Member||January 2024|
|Jim Perkins||Member||January 2025|
|Velda Maine||Member||January 2023|
|Eric DeRycke||Member||January 2024|
|Gabe Yellowhawk||Member||January 2025|
|Brian Aubert||Member||January 2023|
|Wes Kroening||Member||January 2024|
|Jessica Potts||Member||January 2025|
|Dray Potts||Member||January 2023|
|Jody Wacker||Member||January 2023|
|Myron Koets||Council Liaison||January 2023|
Meets 3rd Tuesday of every month at 6:00 p.m.