- Utilities-New Resident
- Recycling Services
Pipestone County Single Stream Recycling
Single stream curbside recycling pickup is available to all City Residents. This is a Bi-weekly Collection. (See Calendar Below)
TUESDAY- City of Pipestone
******SEE PIPESTONE COUNTY RECYCLING CALENDAR BELOW**************
Please follow these rules when using Single Stream Recycling bin
- Please ensure that all recyclable items are placed inside bin. (Any items left on ground will NOT be picked up.)
- Only recyclables are allowed in green & yellow bins. If your bin contains non-recyclable items you bin will NOT be picked up (STYROFOAM and PLASTIC BAGS are NOT recyclable)
- Place your bin on the curb the evening prior to or before 6 a.m. on collection day.
- When placing your bin out for pickup, please place it with the front of the container facing the road and in an area free from vehicles and obstacles.
Biodegradable MaterialsFor disposal of biodegradable lawn and garden materials, the city provides a dump area located on the northern boundary of the city.
For more recycling information, please contact Kyle Krier, Pipestone Soil and Water Conservation Office. (507) 825-1185
Free Disposal for County Residents
Weekly recycling and hazardous waste collections.
- Collection location: The Pipestone County Recycling Center, 718 4th St NW, Pipestone
- Collection Dates: Every Wednesday
- Collection Times: 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Items that are accepted:
- Large appliances
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)
- Fluorescent bulbs & PCB ballasts
- Lead acid & rechargeable batteries
- Empty pesticide containers
- Christmas lights
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Accepted:
- Home/garden preservatives
- Paint (latex, oil, & aerosol
- Wood preservatives
- Hobby supplies
- Acids & bases
- Household cleaners